Welcome to A Jaunt with Jess!
Feel free to check out the About page to learn a little about me. You’ll find my latest posts below (where you’ll learn a lot about me! haha!). If you’d like to see posts for specific topics, you can select the topic from the menu at the top or bottom of the page. Enjoy!
My Latest Posts
- 2020 Brown Bean Sweet Sixteen: Bracket AnnouncementOkay, readers! I hope you’re ready for this–drumroll please! Brdrdrdrdrdrdrdrdrdrdrdrdrdrdrdrdrdrdr–tsh! The bracket for our 2020 Brown Bean Sweet Sixteen is officially announced! But Jess, how did you choose which coffee roasters to pair with which to create the bracket? Great question! In true type-A Jess fashion, once Alex and I narrowed down my research listContinue reading “2020 Brown Bean Sweet Sixteen: Bracket Announcement”
- Our 2020 Brown Bean Sweet SixteenMy husband and I are embarking on a new journey. I have been on the hunt for a really good cup of coffee. I’ve purchased a few rounds of duds for grounds–I typically go for flavored coffees, and these last few have not been as tasty as I’d hoped. So I’ve had to change myContinue reading “Our 2020 Brown Bean Sweet Sixteen”
- Packing the Perfect Toiletry KitWhen I first met Alex our relationship started semi-long distance. He lived two hours away and we would travel back and forth to see each other over the weekend and on our days off. As our relationship grew more serious and when we later lived closer to each other, we began travelling together as well–notContinue reading “Packing the Perfect Toiletry Kit”
- Dear Body, I’m SorryThe first time I remember being self conscious about my body was when I was about ten or eleven years old. I was walking from one side of our living room to the other when my mother asked me to come back through. As I walked back through the living room, my mother just lookedContinue reading “Dear Body, I’m Sorry”
- Work from Home: Creating an Effective Home OfficeI have been working from home full time for over a year now. The introvert within me absolutely loves working from home–I don’t have to deal with commuting and am more comfortable, which has a positive impact on my conference calls. With friends of mine making the transition from commute to an office to workContinue reading “Work from Home: Creating an Effective Home Office”
- Feast of LoveThis year’s Valentine’s Day was a more special occasion than most Valentine’s Days for us in the past. This year we celebrated our one year House-iversary as well! In the spirit of celebration, I wanted to make a meal that was extra special. When I shared what I had in mind for the menu, myContinue reading “Feast of Love”
- Meet Me in the Mountains: Lake James State ParkMy husband and my approach to camping is mostly to find new places. We may be park hosts’ worst nightmare, seeing as we most often show up last minute with no reservation (although we try to make up for it by being the most respectful and amenable campers we can be). Despite our desire toContinue reading “Meet Me in the Mountains: Lake James State Park”
- New Year, New Decade, New MeToday is my birthday, and as I consider this new year I’ve been reflecting on resolutions. I didn’t have any for 2019; with all the changes that would be taking place over the year, I didn’t have the first clue about what goals I should set. I’ve been happy to look back on the pastContinue reading “New Year, New Decade, New Me”
- My Review: Salt, Fat, Acid, HeatIf you haven’t heard of this book or seen it on Netflix and you’re a lover of food and cooking, I highly recommend you check it out! I first saw the miniseries on Netflix at a friend’s house. We were looking for a short something with which to pass the afternoon and both enjoy anythingContinue reading “My Review: Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat”
- Your Dream Wedding: You don’t have to have it allI’m not here to tell anyone that they shouldn’t have everything they want for their wedding, but after having been through a truly nightmarish wedding planning experience I realized with my second wedding that I didn’t want to have it all. All the tradition, all the decisions, all the people telling you, “A wedding isContinue reading “Your Dream Wedding: You don’t have to have it all”
- Hi, My Name is AbbyI am the very proud dog-mom to a spunky 11-year old Jack Russell Terrier named Abby. She has a charming slight overbite and has mastered the “side eye.” My family adopted her when she was six weeks old. She was originally intended to be my dad’s dog since his dog had passed away, but sheContinue reading “Hi, My Name is Abby”
- New House = New HomeThis year has been an exceptionally big year for our little family, including closing on our first house. The weekend we moved in was such a whirlwind! We drove six hours to pack up the moving truck, drove two hours for Alex to perform a show, then two hours back to pick up the packedContinue reading “New House = New Home”
- 2019 in RetrospectAs 2019 draws nearer to a close I’m reflecting back on what a big year this has been. The change really began towards the end of 2018. My husband (then-fiance, current-Alex) had achieved landing his dream job, which would require us moving six hours to a new state. Thankfully I was in a position atContinue reading “2019 in Retrospect”